2011-01-28

"HATE" is to use Facebook - Google Translation said.

Hi, it is NISHIO Hirokazu. My colleague SUZUKI Shoma told me an interesting miss-translation.

"He HATE it" means "He uses Facebook" in Japanese, Google Translation answers such a ridiculous translation.



I'm interested in why it happened. Maybe Google Translation uses machine learning from their corpus and in it "HATE" and "use Facebook" may strongly related. What a strange corpus is it! Where it come from?



P.S.
SUZUKI Shoma said the original is Google Translate Answers What Most Googlers Won't.

4 comments:

Petar Jercic said...

lol, nice point of view from Google :P

albina N muro said...

I hated the new Facebook profile and it's taken me ages to get used to it but then I hated it last time they changed it too. Which means I'm either stuck in my ways or that I've been on Facebook for way too long. Facebook Password Hack

Eliaz Beth said...

In a multicultural society decisions about what is translated and how the translation is done have far-reaching implications for the inclusion and exclusion of certain communities and/or community members. Chinese Translator

Anna Schafer said...

Analyze your service oriented attitude. Aside from communicating effectively, and being a good listener, do you show the following to your customers?Software de Tesoreriaho